We are currently looking to appoint an EHS (Environmental, Health & Safety) Champion to work across our Concrete division. Based in Penrose the role will also work closely with our other operational sites around Auckland. The EHS Champion is our health and safety “go to” person on the front line. The position is responsible for:
- Working closely with truck drivers and operational concrete plants around EHS
- Completing incident investigations, and supporting the close out of any associated remedial actions
- Inducting new staff, contractors and visitors
- and a strong focus on driver training and education
- Ensuring information (alerts, procedures, hazard notifications etc) is communicated to the right people
- Administration of health and safety paperwork and records
- Facilitating EHS meetings
- A variety of EHS project work
The ideal candidate will be an experienced truck driver (class 4 licence), concrete industry experience would be a bonus but is not essential, have a keen interest in EH&S, be a pragmatic thinker with excellent communication skills (both written and spoken). A working knowledge of health and safety is required and it would be looked upon favourably if you held any health and safety units or qualifications. You will be capable of persuading people to do the right thing by talking with staff rather than at them. You will need to be comfortable working with MS Office, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
We offer a competitive remuneration package including fully subsidised health insurance and a 4% employer Kiwisaver contribution. Applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical examination including drug and alcohol screen.
As we are looking to move quickly with our recruitment process we will only consider candidates located within New Zealand that already have in place their legal entitlement to work here.