Given the nature of our operations, we rely heavily on our skilled maintenance team to keep our heavy mechanical equipment running efficiently and effectively. With large plant across a number of locations, the planning of repairs and maintenance activities is critical in managing workloads, priorities and production.
We are looking for a super organised hands-on person to assist the engineering manager. The ideal candidate will be well versed in heavy engineering who can identify mechanical work required, assist the maintenance team to do it and reviewing the completed work. Specifically, the work will include:
- Identifying current and future maintenance activities.
- Planning the timing of work in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Organising all materials and labour for the work
- Ensuring documented safety controls are in place before work commences
- Supervise the performance of staff and contractors
- Review the outcome of the work
You’ll need to have significant maintenance experience preferably gained in the construction & manufacturing industry. Your ability to plan, organise and juggle will be outstanding and your commitment to ensuring work is done safely a given. You’ll need to be comfortable using MS Office and CAD skills would be advantageous. And finally, you’ll need excellent communication skills, a great work ethic and be comfortable working in a team environment.