Stevenson Construction Materials Group has a long history of successful Quarrying, Mining, Supplying high quality specialist Concrete and Civil Engineering Laboratory Testing.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in our IANZ accredited Civil Engineering Laboratory based at Drury. Operating as part of the Stevenson Construction Materials Group, Stevenson Laboratory specialises in providing fast turnaround bulk testing of aggregates, concrete, masonry, paving, soils and earthworks. Our IANZ accredited Laboratory provides materials testing services for mainly our internal customers and some special external customers.
This role will be perfect for someone interested in building or starting a career in the civil industry.
The successful applicant will be involved in carrying out all aspects of aggregate, concrete, soils and earthworks quality control testing which includes sampling, testing and evaluating soils and aggregate products. No experience necessary as training will be provided.
Ideally you will:
- Have an interest in laboratory operations and willingness to learn.
- At least 12 months’ work experience in New Zealand or New Zealand school leaver.
- Good mathematical skills, problem solving, with good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work in a team, and on your own.
- Be physically fit & mobile.
- Experience with computers, specifically with Word and Excel.
- NZ Drivers Licence and experience with manual transmissions(preferred).
- Achieved NCEA Level 2 or relevant tertiary qualification.
- Previous Civil experience would be an advantage.
- Flexible to work overtime/weekends
- Strict focus in Health and Safety
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
This is an opportunity to establish your place in the civil engineering industry. You will join an enthusiastic team carrying out interesting and varied work environment.
Please note that a pre-employment medical examination including a test for illegal drugs will be required.