About the role
We are looking for a self-motivated Quarry Operator to work at our Tuakau Quarry. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hardworking and close-knit team, who share your passion for operating heavy plant.
This person will need to be dedicated to high levels of productivity as well as a strong commitment to Health and Safety. As a Quarry Operator, you will be responsible for safely operating and maintaining a range of quarry plant. You will have ongoing opportunity to develop your skillset in quarry plant operations.
We are looking for individuals who have experience operating any one of the following either a Loader, Excavator, Dump truck, Bulldozer, Crushing Plant or Watercart. The preferred individual will need to have experience operating more then one Machine.
You will also have:
- Must have a class 2 licence
- WTR are advantageous
- An unwavering commitment towards living safely with a safety record to match
- Passion for the quarrying industry and willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Good attitude toward the care and maintenance of machinery
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What we offer:
You will have access to a range of other great benefits such as:
- Medical insurance for you and your whānau (covers pre-existing conditions)
- Life insurance from day 1 of employment
- Increased KiwiSaver employer contributions after service milestones
- BP fuel discounts
- Career progression opportunities
- Ongoing training and development, with opportunity to gain qualifications
- Excellent discounts at a wide range of retailers
- Access to free confidential counselling and support services for you and your family
We’re Stevenson Aggregates
Stevenson (a subsidiary of Fulton Hogan) have a long history of successful quarrying, mining, supplying high quality specialist concrete and civil engineering laboratory testing. We know we’re only ever as good as our people, which is why we’re committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best in the industry.
The Stevenson Tauhei quarry produces a wide range of top quality aggregates for use in roading, basecourse, surfacing, drainage and concrete manufacture.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like the exciting next step in your career, we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
All successful candidates must under-go and pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen.
You will need to have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this role.